Dual Cartridge Systems
APS offers a complete selection of dual cartridge on-demand mixing and dispensing systems for two-component reactive adhesives, sealants and resins. The dual cartridges isolate the two resin components until needed. Mixing occurs as the materials are dispensed through the motionless mixing nozzle (static mixer). General comments about dual component systems are given below. You can find details about specific systems offered by clicking the product line links above.
Dual Cartridge: Materials are kept in two cylindrical plastic containers, each of which stores one of the reactive components. The compartments are isolated so there is no cross-contamination of materials. Cartridges are made from a variety of plastics.
Dispensing gun: The gun applies pressure via a plunger to the contents of the dual cartridges, forcing them to combine upon entering the mixer. Dispensing guns are available in either manual or pneumatic styles.
Static Mixer: The static mixer, also referred to as a motionless mixer, is a narrow cylindrical tube which contains mixing elements. The elements are stationary parts that are positioned to force the materials to combine as they travel through the length of the mixer. After traveling the length of the mixer, the mixed material is forced through the tip of the mixer to the point of application. These mixers are low-cost and disposable after use.
- On-demand mixing and dispensing of two-component reactive materials
- Accurate, efficient metering in precise volumetric mix ratios
- Ratios (by volume) available include 1:1, 2:1, 2.5:1, 3:2, 4:1, 4:5, 5:1, 8:1, 10:1 and 25:1
- Available in a wide range of sizes (4 ml to 1500 ml)
- Handles wide range of viscosities
- Improved shelf-life for highly reactive or moisture-sensitive materials
- Motionless mixing nozzle blends only the material needed
- Minimizes waste
- Easy to use
- Uniform Material application
Materials Typically Packaged
- UV Curable
- Aircraft Manufacturing
- Computers and Circuit Boards
- Fiber Optics
- Field Repairs
- Maintenance and Repair
- Medical Devices
- Optics and Optical Instruments
- Point of Use Bonding
- Sporting Goods
- Steel Fabrication